APRIL 30/2020 – 4:00pm
BUILDING PEI ONE DAY AT A TIME
As we move forward daily we must continue to build a better, safer and stronger worksite and environment for our workers
Please continue to practice proper hand washing and sanitization and social distancing , without these being followed we may not be able to continue building and stressing the importance of following Chief Public Health Office guidelines
I've been asked to share the attached document with you regarding the release of approved Development Permits as part of Phase 1 of the Renew PEI, Together initiative. The document also includes a few precautions to be taken on construction sites as directed by the Chief Public Health Office. (See below)
Re-Introduction of Permitting and New Construction
Renew PEI, Together outlines the guiding principles and phased approach to reopening businesses, services and public spaces. Progression will be gradual and constantly evaluated based on the latest public health information from PEI's Chief Public Health Office (CPHO). Decisions during each phase will be based on public health evidence and continuous monitoring to protect the health and safety of Islanders.
As per the measures outlined in Phase #1 of the Renew PEI, Together initiative, all new construction can resume in the province effective Friday, May 1, 2020. The Land Division will begin releasing approved Development Permits on Monday, May 4, 2020.
We ask that municipal planning authorities also use this date for releasing approved permits in order to avoid public confusion.
Government offices will continue to be closed to the public for the time being. However, staff will continue to accept and process applications. At this time, both Development and Building Permit applications will be accepted via email, fax or mail.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 31 Gordon Drive, Charlottetown, PE, C1A 6B8
The CPHO has directed that the following precautions be taken on construction sites:
· · Take all reasonable steps to ensure there are no more than 5 workers per floor or working near to each other in the general vicinity.
· · Stay informed, be prepared and follow public health advice.
· · Physical distancing must be observed at all times, with a minimum of two metres (6 ft) between individuals. This applies to all public areas as well as employee designated areas such as break areas.
· · Encourage frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains 60% - 80% alcohol.
· · Ensure enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces.
· · Encourage vulnerable individuals to exercise caution and minimize high-risk exposures.
· · An illness exclusion policy must be in place, which requires staff to stay home if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Persons exhibiting signs of illness should be asked to leave.
Construction Association of PEI
Building PEI one day at a time
Build your Career in Carpentry Here & Earn while you Learn! More »
Discover Carpentry Program coming this summer! Attend the information session on June 29th More »
Skilled Newcomers in Construction Program May 18 2022 More »
Are you a skilled newcomer looking to work in PEI’s construction industry? More »