INFORMATION SESSION: Wednesday, June 29, 9:00 am -10:00 am Charlottetown: 40 Enman Crescent, CAPEI’S Construction Training Centre (blue building located at the Royalty Centre back parking lot - road access is on left side of the Royalty Centre)
This session will explain how the
program works. After the session, please
book in for an interview and bring a resume to the interview. 15 candidates
will be selected for the program.
Applicant’s Eligibility Requirements for Discover Carpentry Program
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Legally entitled to work according to PEI’s Legislation
- Age 18 or older- Minimum of High School Graduation.
- Unemployed or working 25 hours or less per week
- Interested in exploring CARPENTRY as a career
-*For Newcomers a Canadian Language Benchmark of 6 or higher
Note - Day Care Subsidy And/ Or Travel Allowance Available
For Eligible Clients
Ø LOCATION: Construction Association of PEI Training Centre-small blue building behind Royalty Centre Building
Ø PAID CLASSROOM TIME: July 18-Sept. 9, 2022 (8 weeks -Approximately $370.00/per week take home)
Ø CLASSROOM HOURS: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (arrive for 7:45am every day + 1 hour for lunch)
Ø PAID WORK EXPERIENCE: Sept. 12 -on going (wages paid by your employer and start your apprenticeship)
Ø DAY CARE SUBSIDY AND/ OR TRAVEL ALLOWANCE AVAILABLE FOR ELIGIBLE CLIENTS
Ø RECEIVE 240 APPRENTICESHIP HOURS FOR CLASSROOM COMPLETION FOR RED SEAL CERTIFICATION, & FREE WORK BOOTS, & PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT.
Ø EARN PAID SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS IN CPR/FIRST AID/WHMIS, FALL PROTECTION, WORKPLACE ELEVATED PLATFORMS…
Ø LEARN VARIOUS BUILDING CONCEPTS INCLUDING; FOUNDATION, FRAMING, DRYWALLING, INTALLING WINDOWS AND DOORS, SIDING, ROOFING, PRACTICE YOUR CARPENTRY SKILLS BY BUILDING SMALL PROJECTS, AND A MINI BARN
Ø ASK QUESTIONS OF EMPLOYERS WHILE ON WORKSITE VISITS, LEARN THE CAREER PATHWAY TO “EARN AND LEARN”
What else will you get? Lifelong skills & Certifications:
- Practice Essential Carpentry Skills Including; Foundation, Framing, Drywalling, Installing Windows And Doors, Siding, Roofing, Practice Your Carpentry Skills By Building Small Projects, And A Mini Barn
- Receive 240 Apprenticeship Hours For Classroom Completion For Red Seal Certification, & Free Work Boots, & Personal Protective Equipment.
- Earn Paid Safety Certifications In CPR/First Aid/WHMIS, Fall Protection, Workplace Elevated Platforms…
- Ask Questions Of Employers While On Worksite Visits, Learn
The Career Pathway To “Earn And Learn”
Ø Program is Pending funding approval by the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism & Culture through the Canada-PEI Labour Market Agreements.
Ø No registration required to attend information session. Please call Janet @ 902-394-3361 or email: [email protected] for more info.
Build your Career in Carpentry Here & Earn while you Learn! More »
Discover Carpentry Program coming this summer! Attend the information session on June 29th More »
Skilled Newcomers in Construction Program May 18 2022 More »
Are you a skilled newcomer looking to work in PEI’s construction industry? More »