Are you looking for a career you can be proud of?
The Construction Association of PEI is sponsoring a program for youth who are seeking to explore a career in the Construction Industry trades (i.e., carpentry, electrical, welding, plumbing, roofing, masonry, etc.).
INFORMATION SESSIONS: · DATE: Wednesday, March 24th, 2021.
· PRESENTATION TIME: Begins at 9:00 am & concludes by 10:00 am.
· LOCATIONS: Charlottetown—Sherwood-Parkdale Lions Club, 46 Valley Street (main floor in Bingo Hall). Summerside—Summerside Port Corporation, 160 Heather Moyse Drive.
APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY REGUIREMENTS:
· Age: 16-30.
· Unemployed OR part time employment of 20 hours or less per week.
· Either a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person with a valid workpermit. (*Newcomers applicants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test score of 5 or higher.)
· 8 WEEK PAID CLASSROOM TIME: April 12th-June 4th.
· 14 WEEK PAID WORK EXPERIENCE: June 7th-Sept 10th.
· SAFETY TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS & 240 APPRENTICSHIP HOURS.
· FREE WORKBOOTS & PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
· EXCLUSIVE INSIGHT INTO PEI’S BOOMING CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY, ORIENTATION TO VARIOUS CONSTRUCTION TRADES, VR TRAINING, EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS, WORKSITE TOURS & MORE!
To apply for this program, please attend the information session nearest you with your most recent resume. (Program contact: [email protected] or 902-394-3361.)
This program is sponsored by
the Construction Association of PEI and funded in whole or in part by the
Government of Canada.
Youth in Trades Program Starting FALL, 2021 INFORMATION SESSION DATE: Wednesday, Sept 29, 2021. More »
Skilled Newcomers in Construction INFORMATION SESSION FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2021 More »
National Building Code Books now available through the CAPEI Office. More »
Youth in Trades Program 2021 More »