Youth in Trades Program Starting FALL, 2021
Are you looking for a career you can be proud of?
The Construction Association of PEI is sponsoring a program for youth who are seeking to explore a career in the Construction Industry Trades (i.e., carpentry, electrical, welding, plumbing, roofing, masonry, road/ heavy construction etc.)
DATE: Wednesday, Sept 29, 2021.
PRESENTATION TIME: Begins at 9:00 am & concludes by 10:00 am.
LOCATION: Charlottetown: 40 Enman Crescent, CAPEI’S Construction Training Centre (blue building located at the Royalty Centre back parking lot - road access is on left side of the Royalty Centre)
· Age: 16-30.
· Unemployed OR part time employment of 20 hours or less per week.
· Either a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person with a valid work permit. (*Newcomers applicants must have a Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test score of 5 or higher.)
· 7 WEEKS PAID CLASSROOM TIME: October 12-November 26,2021
· 12 WEEKS PAID WORK EXPERIENCE: November 29, 2021-February 18, 2022(12 weeks+)
· SAFETY TRAINING CERTIFICATIONS & 210 APPRENTICSHIPHOURS.
· FREE WORKBOOTS & PERSONAL PROTECTIVEEQUIPMENT
· EXPLORE VARIOUS CONSTRUCTION TRADES AT CAPEI’S OWN TRAINING CENTRE, EXCLUSIVE INSIGHT INTO PEI’S BOOMING CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY, VR TRAINING, EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS, WORKSITE TOURS &MORE!
To apply for this program, please attend the information
session nearest you with your most recent resume. (Program contact: [email protected] 902-394-3361.) This program is sponsored by the
Construction Association of PEI and funded in whole or in part by the
Government of Canada.
Are you a skilled newcomer looking to work in PEI’s construction industry? More »
Youth in Trades Program Starting FALL, 2021 INFORMATION SESSION DATE: Wednesday, Sept 29, 2021. More »
Skilled Newcomers in Construction INFORMATION SESSION FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 15, 2021 More »
National Building Code Books now available through the CAPEI Office. More »