When: Wednesday, Feb 1, 9:00 am -10:00 am
Where: Charlottetown - 40 Enman Crescent, CAPEI’S Construction Training Centre (blue building located at the Royalty Centre back parking lot - road access is on left side of the Royalty Centre)
Paid Classroom & Shop Time: February 13 -April 7,2023 (8 weeks -Approximately $370.00/per week take home)
Classroom/Shop Hours: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (arrive for 7:45am every day + 1 hour for lunch)
PAID WORK EXPERIENCE: Starts on April 10 & -on going (wages paid by your employer and start your apprenticeship)
No registration required to attend information session. Please call Janet @ 902-394-3361 or email: email@example.com
This session will explain how the program works. After the session, please book in for an interview and bring a resume to the interview. 15 candidates will be selected for the program. a for more info.
Eligibility Requirements – Does this sound like you?
- Interested in exploring Carpentry as a career
- Legally entitled to work according to PEI’s Legislation
- Age 18 or older
- Unemployed or working 25 hours or less per week
- A Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
-*For Newcomers a Canadian Language Benchmark of 6 or higher
Note - Day Care Subsidy And/ Or Travel Allowance Available For Eligible Clients
What else will you get? Lifelong skills & Certifications:
- Practice Essential Carpentry Skills Including; Foundation, Framing, Drywalling, Installing Windows And Doors, Siding, Roofing, Practice Your Carpentry Skills By Building Small Projects, And A Mini Barn
- Receive 240 Apprenticeship Hours For Classroom Completion For Red Seal Certification, & Free Work Boots, & Personal Protective Equipment.
- Earn Paid Safety Certifications In CPR/First Aid/WHMIS, Fall Protection, Workplace Elevated Platforms…
- Ask Questions Of Employers While On Worksite Visits, Learn The Career Pathway To “Earn And Learn”
The Discover Program is funded by the Department of Economic Growth, Tourism & Culture through the Canada-PEI Labour Market Agreements.
TODAY WE ARE LAUNCHING OUR INDUSTRY GUIDE TO COVID-19 More »
CCA PRESS RELEASE: CANADA'S CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY IS PUTTING SAFETY AND HEALTH FIRST More »
Important Information update March 25, 2020 8am More »
Important Information update March 24, 2020 More »